Carolyn Johnson Films
Carolyn Johnson produces award-winning dramas and documentaries including Tanna which was nominated for an Academy Award®.
Other titles include The Last Goldfish, Son of a Lion, A Sense of Self, Madhattan, First Footprints, Stumbling in Hillary’s Footsteps, and A Law Unto Himself. Her films have screened in major festivals including Venice, Berlin, Busan, Edinburgh, HK, Marrakech, Durban, London, Sydney, Melbourne and many others and screened on ABC and SBS.
She looks for:
- Stories with strong emotional drivers, relatable characters, set in the real world, preferably in a fascinating subculture.
- Aimed at a mature, female-skewed audience.
- With marketable hooks to draw the attention of a broad audience.
- Stories that have something to say about us and our world.
- Drama or documentary; cinema, TV or other platforms; series or one-off.