Kelrick Martin, Head of Indigenous at ABC, will be receiving pitches.
ABC is looking for:
- Landmark scripted series across all genres e.g. Cleverman; Redfern Now.
- Narrative comedy that deals with the Indigenous experience e.g. The Warriors; 8MMM Radio.
- Short form series for iview (e.g. 6 x 5 minute episodes). Comedy works best, or factual that has a sharp wit and unique POV, or presenter-led. We’re especially looking for ‘talent’ driven shows (e.g. Kiki and Kitty; Black As).
- Factual series that dig deep into unique stories and worlds we haven’t seen before, or characters that we don’t see on TV every day. They can be issue-based, cultural, political, historical, or presenter-led, but must be contemporary in tone and style.
- Documentaries that are big, untold stories of personalities, events or movements that have shaped Australia e.g. Blue Water Empire.
- Programs that are bold, provocative, original, and push people’s buttons. They should create conversations and make you think, laugh or cry – or all the above.
Please think of ABC Indigenous’ previous successes as a challenge to aim high with your ideas – ambitious concepts are welcome!
For more information on how to pitch to ABC Indigenous here.