ONE-ON-ONE PITCHING TO THE MARKETPLACE WILL BE HELD AGAIN AS PART OF 2019 SCREEN MAKERS CONFERENCE
This year the conference offers producers and content creators the opportunity to submit a project to pitch to marketplace representatives.
Submissions must be made online and projects will be short-listed for pitching. There is a limited number of pitching slots available and the process will be competitive. Please note: we are seeking market ready pitches only.
Applications for project submissions to the Pitching Market will open in June 2019 and close in July 2019.
General pitching instructions:
- Register to attend SMC 2019 as a Full Screen Makers Program delegate
- Research the network, producers, platform or distributor so you know exactly what they’re looking for and tailor your pitch accordingly
- Pitching slots are 10 minutes each – 5 min pitch maximum to leave enough time for discussion
- Only up to 3 projects can be pitched
Please Note: each market representative is after different criteria and projects.
Please note that each broadcaster, producer, sales agent or distributor are looking for unique projects with specific criteria, so please ensure you address each requirement in your submission. What we want is a sharp, concise and well considered pitch tailored to a specific audience and network.
Maximum 1-page concept document that includes:
- Who you are nominating to pitch to
- Project Title
- Genre, Format, Duration
- One Sentence Log line
- Half page synopsis or overview that describes the theme, story concept and characters
- One paragraph biography of applicant
- A link to any supporting visual material ie: teaser
Please Note: Due to the large volume of applicants we are expecting we will only consider pitches where the forms have been correctly filled out and all criteria has been met.
- The strength and originality of the concept
- To what extent is it what the market representative has indicated they are after?
General information on pitching to the networks see here.