Applications are now CLOSED for Pitch-o-rama.
- Submissions OPEN on Monday 3rd June 2019.
- Submissions DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 5.30pm (ACST) Friday5th July 2019.
- Applicants NOTIFIED on Monday 15th July 2019.
The 2019 Screen Makers Conference with ABC iview are searching for the next big web series idea.
Pitch-o-rama is an opportunity to pitch your concept for a web series to a panel of industry representatives. The winning pitch will receive $10,000 to support the development of the concept. It’s a great addition to the Screen Makers’ Conference marketplace, which already supports career development through one-on-one pitching opportunities.
The Pitch-o-rama competition will take place live on stage at the conference. While it will be competitive, Pitch-o-rama will also be fun, fast-paced and entertaining. Each short-listed entrant will have three minutes to give their best elevator pitch for an original web series.
The winning pitch will receive $10,000 from the MRC and the ABC to put towards development, which will be negotiated depending upon the requirements of the project. The winner of Pitch-o-rama will also receive assistance from the relevant ABC TV commissioning team to help progress the concept. Entries will be judged on the basis of the strength of the concept, creative presentation and audience response.
- Applicants must be registered as FULL SCREEN MAKERS PROGRAM delegates of the Screen Makers Conference.
- Projects should be designed as short-form scripted or factual series suitable for ABC iview.
- Projects should appeal to younger adult audiences (within a classification range of G to MA15+).
- Projects should be factual or fit within the scripted genres of contemporary drama, narrative comedy, animation, horror, science fiction or fantasy.
- All applicants must be available to pitch live and on stage at the event. All expenses incurred for participating are the responsibility of the entrant.
- Up to 10 shortlisted projects/teams will be NOTIFIED by Monday 15th July 2019. This will give plenty of time to prepare presentations (but not over-prepare).
- Three-minute pitches to be PRESENTED on Friday 26th July 2019. Video material is not allowed at the pitching event however, props and costumes definitely are.
- WINNER ANNOUNCED at the end of the day at the conference Friday 26th July 2019.
Please note that receiving ABC development funding does not guarantee that the ABC will further develop or commission the project.
Pitch-o-rama 2018 winner: Ana Carbajo and Natalia Bornay with Inner Lucy.