The 2018 Screen Makers Conference with ABC iview are searching for the next big web series idea.
Pitch-o-Rama is now CLOSED.
Applicants must be registered delegates of the Screen Makers Conference.
Pitch-o-rama is your opportunity to pitch a concept for a web series to a panel of industry representatives. The winning pitch will receive $10,000 to support the development of the concept. It’s a great addition to the Screen Makers’ Conference marketplace, which already supports career development through one-on-one pitching opportunities.
The Pitch-o-rama competition will take place on Saturday 28 July, live on stage at the conference. While it will be competitive, Pitch-o-rama will also be fun, fast-paced and entertaining. Each short-listed entrant will have three minutes to give their best elevator pitch for an original web series.
The winning pitch will receive $10,000 from the MRC and the ABC to put towards development, which will be negotiated depending upon the requirements of the project. The winner of Pitch-o-rama will also receive assistance from the relevant ABC TV commissioning team to help progress the concept. Entries will be judged on the basis of the strength of the concept, creative presentation and audience response.
- Applicants must be registered delegates of the Screen Makers Conference.
- Projects should be designed as a short-form scripted web series suitable for ABC iview.
- Projects should target a diverse audience of under 35-year-olds.
- Pitches should fit within the scripted genres of contemporary drama, narrative comedy, animation, horror, science fiction, fantasy. Children’s and factual ideas are not eligible.
- All applicants must be available to pitch live and on stage at the event. All expenses incurred for participating are the responsibility of the entrant.
- Please note that receiving ABC development funding does not guarantee that the ABC will further develop or commission the project
- Submissions open on Tuesday 12 June 2018.
- Submissions close on Monday 9 July 2018.
- Up to 10 shortlisted projects/teams will be notified by Thursday 19 July 2018. This will give plenty of time to prepare presentations (but not over-prepare).
- Three-minute pitches to be presented on Saturday 28 July 2018.
- Winner announced after lunch Saturday 28 July 2018.
Please note that receiving ABC development funding does not guarantee that the ABC will further develop or commission the project.
Pitch-o-rama winner: Ana Carbajo and Natalia Bornay with Inner Lucy.