Career Maker Guidelines:
Career Makers is the brand-new market session at the Screenmakers Connect 2020. This is a unique opportunity to discuss your career pathway with an experienced industry mentor in a one on one 30 minute session via zoom online.
NOTE: SESSION PLACES WILL BE RESERVED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS
You may be any of the following:
- New to, emerging into or already working in the industry and want to know how to either get a job in the industry, or what potential pathway or strategy would work best for you to escalate your career ie: whether to focus on developing your own IP vs freelancing vs gaining a job within an established company.
- Creatives or crew wanting to change roles in the industry e.g a producer wanting to become a writer, a production designer wanting to become a director.
- Returning to the industry after caring roles or other circumstances, or transitioning to the industry from another industry
The mentors have been selected because of their depth of experience in the industry and their willingness and generosity to help the next generation.
Applicants will have to register as a full conference delegate, and then also book a Career Makers session at the same time. We will have limited places so it will be on a first come first serve basis.
The Conference management will curate and match the registered delegate with a mentor. The Conference will endeavour to match you with a mentor who works in your preferred creative field or department, but this will not always be possible.
- Please indicate when you register on the SMC website what creative area or department you are interested in progressing your career pathway in.
- The Conference will then endeavour to match you with a mentor who works in your preferred creative field or department, but this will not always be possible.
- We encourage registrations from people with a range of unique and distinctive perspectives and are committed to supporting increased participation for people from groups under-represented in the screen industry including; women, First Nations peoples, practitioners from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds, Deaf or disabled, LGBTQIA+ communities and people from diverse social, economic regional and cultural.
- All applicants must be available to do the one on one mentoring session via zoom on either Wednesday 26 August between 2-4pm (ACST) or Thursday 27 August between 2-4pm (ACST). Meetings outside of these times will not be possible.
Please register for Career Makers through the Screenmakers Conference website when you purchase your registration.
- One on one Sessions OPEN on Thursday 16 July 2020.
- One on one Sessions CLOSE when all sessions are full.
- All delegates that have registered will be notified of who their mentor is and the exact time of their zoom call on Friday 14 August 2020.
Please note the one on one mentor session will be for the one 30 min zoom call only, and there is no expectation for the mentorship to be ongoing.
REGISTER FOR CAREER MAKERS –HERE
Carer Makers is proudly sponsored by UniSA